YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 107: The chalk label obsession

Ok, ok... I know I have been posting a lot lately about this "chalk label" stuff. My last few posts, in fact, have been about this very topic! But I am REALLY loving what you can do with it! And since I keep thinking about it -- and keeping talking about it -- I figured I would actually DO it... and share my "afters!"

So, just as a recap: get some of the flat chalk panels that you can adhere to just about any surface (you can buy a large panel or three smaller panels, your choice, and then just crop it down to whatever size works for you!). I cut mine on a regular, old paper cutter. It worked great!


Then I used my wonderful, liquidy "chalk marker" and labeled 'til my heart's content!


Here are some newly labeled containers in the laundry room, where all my craft supplies are:

And here is one peak at my pantry, showing some of the awesome Tupperware containers with their new chalk labels:


You can also cut these babies down and use them on canisters, buckets, pails, cans, boxes, flower pots, other plastic containers, even bottles! How fun to use as a display in a little herb garden... or on a wine bottle! These would be great for parties, too, to label various dips and sides! I LOVE it! Give just about any item a neat, organized look!


Now, THAT's neat!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I have been on such an organizing kick lately...I am thinking I need to do this :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely and clean organised kitchen.It is essential to label them as well to make sure t=you find it when you need it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your neat comment!