YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 78: Toothpaste... great for Tartar AND for Tarnish!

We had my sister-in-law and her fiance over for dinner the other night, and I was excited to actually have an opportunity to use my silver gravy boat. I've had that thing for, hmmm.... about forever, but I think I only used it one time, about 10 years ago. So, it's been neatly stored in my hutch ever since. I guess that explains why it was so tarnished. Ooops.


I REALLY wanted to use the gravy boat, but NOT in that condition. So... I remembered a little hint I learned a long while back to get rid of tarnish: toothpaste. Of course, I didn't have any regular, old, "plain" toothpaste. THIS is what I had!


I figured I'd give it a shot. So, I squirted a little toothpaste on the gravy boat and the tray and gently rubbed it in with a very soft paper towel.



Then I rinsed both pieces off in warm water. If I had spent a little more time (maybe with a toothbrush!), I could have removed all the tarnish in the smaller groves of the design. BUT, this was a great solution for the moment! A spiffy clean -- and MINTY fresh -- gravy boat!


Now, THAT's neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your neat comment!