YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 57: The Toy Vacuum

My 8-month-old son is NOT a neat freak. He, in fact, is the complete opposite. He is a super-quick, very messy baby whirlwind in perpetual motion. He scoots from one spot to the next, pulling things down, getting things out and throwing things around. There is no putting away. There is no cleaning up. There is no organizing. There is just chaos. Utter chaos!

And he doesn't just do this with his own basket of toys. He goes to the dog toy basket and completely dismantles that, too. (Actually, I think he might prefer the dog toys to his own!) :)


And that's why I need a toy vacuum. It doesn't have to suck up toys to be discarded later on. It just needs to suck them up and deposit them back into Iain's toy tub. I would even accept something that suctions them up long enough for me to move them back to the right spot without having to bend over or get on my knees to fetch them all! I am getting tired of picking up the same things over and over and over and over again! :) It's like I am a "reset" button, because I am constantly resetting every room in the house to its original non-messy state.

So... Please, dear companies of technological wonders and everyday household appliances, develop a vacuum just for toys and various kid-related doo dads ... so mommies and neat freaks everywhere can catch a break!


Now, THAT's neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your neat comment!