YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 48: The Dreaded Cabinet

I typically stay away from reorganizing my husband's things.... mostly because he says he can't find anything once everything is all clean and tidy! (HA! He jokes, of course!) BUT... I still leave most of his things to him.... until those things start to intrude on other things, or until those things just get completely out of hand.

One such place is "his" cabinet in the kitchen. It had become a bit of a dumping ground for his work stuff and other random odds n' ends.


When I opened up said cabinet the other day just looking for a plain, white envelope, I experienced a minor avalanche... and also discovered a check for nearly $150, dated over a year ago. Needless to say, it's WAY too late to cash that check, and since I don't want to lose out on any more money simply because of a messy cabinet, I figured I'd put a few new plastic storage drawers and shelves to good use! (I also raided another cabinet in the den that he had stuffed random work-related items in and stashed those things all together in the new, tidy space. That's why it looks a bit more "full" now than it did in the "before" photo!)

See?!?!? A neat, organized space where things are easy to find... and where checks can be safely stored until we get a chance to put them in the bank!


My hubby was a bit shocked at first. But I think even he sees how useful and handy this new layout will be!


Now, THAT's neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your neat comment!