YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 51: Wrap-up That Wrapping Paper Mess!

I think that gift bags multiply when placed under a bed. They must, because I only remember putting about 10-12 under there. And now, I think I have close to 100!

I also have a lot of Christmas papers, bow, tags and boxes. And they were all crammed into a under-the-bed storage box. Don't get me wrong: the box worked quite well. It's just that I seemed to have overstuffed it, so it wasn't so neat and organized anymore. Gift bags were everywhere. Bows were squashed beyond recognition. Tissue paper was wrinkled and ripped. It was just a mess.... In a box.... Under the bed!


SO... I went online and found a good price on an actual "gift wrap organizer!" I chose this one for cost, but I liked that it's big enough to hold the wrapping paper rolls and has a few clear pockets for tissue paper, bows, tags, ribbons, etc. (There are TONS of these gift wrap organizers online, by the way... and there are plenty of options: from plastic to canvas... and from storing under the bed to hanging on the door! Or, you can use an under-the-bed storage box, a large cardboard box or even a clean, 15-gallon garbage can! Garbage cans are the perfect size for containing big rolls of wrapping paper!)


At any rate, I got out all my papers and boxes and doo-dads, sorted out (and disposed of) the junk, and reorganized everything into those two boxes. I even categorized the gift bags: baby bags, wedding bags, masculine bags, birthday bags... ;)


Gift bags can now multiply in their very own under-the-bed box. And tissue paper, bows, ribbons, tags, boxes and wrapping paper rolls live happily (and safely) in their own gift wrap organizer.


Now, THAT's neat!

2 comments:

  1. I have one of these too. I got it from AVON and I love it! Great blog and I am looking forwar to learning so much more from you.

    faizazarin from swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing.

    The box that I use isn't long enough for some of my paper rolls. I really need a new box.

    J3ss1ca (Swap-Bot)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your neat comment!