YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 41: The Even NEATER Pantry

My kitchen pantry was already pretty neat from the get-go... I mean, I already keep all the "like items" together, and I sort things by size and/or by shape.

NO, I do NOT alphabetize, but that would be cool! But I do keep things in order. For instance, cereals on the top shelf; pasta, rice, noodles and side items on the next shelf (along with baby formula); chips, crackers and snacks on shelf 3; cookies, fruits snacks and sweets on shelf 4; and canned goods (stacked and sorted, of course) and baking goods on the bottom. More or less, anyway! :) There are always a few odds and ends that either won't fit on the proper shelf or don't really have a home that makes sense.


AT ANY RATE, I wanted to get my pantry even more organized and get the food items out of those boxes that never stay fresh. Too, I was tired of using up all my ziplock bags to store food, SO that's where the rest of my recent Tupperware order comes in!


I purchased 2 cereal storage containers (Super Cereal Storer)and a pantry set (Modular Mates Super Set) and put cookies, chips, baby formula, PopTarts, cereal... and more in nice, neat containers! Now the food items are even more easy to spot, they stack neatly, AND they will stay fresher... longer!

Ta-Da!



* And YES, just so you know, I probably WOULD buy a container for everything... if I could! And, NO, Tupperware did NOT ask me to write this post, pay me to do anything or send me free product. But I would welcome it. Tupperware is GREAT! :)



Now, THAT's neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your neat comment!