YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Tuesday, April 6, 2010

DAY 36: As The Milk Sours


Sorry about all these random product mentions, but I was surfing the Internet today and just stumbled across something that really struck a chord with me: a kitchen gadget that tells if your milk has gone sour!!!!

Now, apparently this new-fangled milk jug is currently still in the "research and development stages," so isn't available for purchase just yet. But I assure you, I will be one of the first in line if and when Cravendale gets this out for public consumption -- even if they are located in England!!!

I am so neurotic about milk; I smell the milk before every use! In fact, I’m so careful about milk that I’ve probably dumped tons of perfectly good milk down the drain before. WHY!?! Well, because like many of you, I've gotten burned by sour milk before. You know, you sit down to a nice big bowl of cereal, and EEEWWWWWW! ACK! Sour milk. Or, even worse, you just take a BIG swig right from the jug, only to realize: the milk has gone bad! VERY bad!

At any rate, when it arrives on a planet near you, this sour-sensing milk jug will feature a LCD display that will either read "fresh" or "sour." It determines the milk's freshness through a sensor at the bottom of the jug. When milk goes bad, it’s more acidic, so the sensor looks for a drop in pH.

So no more sniffing, sipping or accidentally downing a huge gulp of nasty, sour milk. And no more dumping perfectly good milk down the drain! Hooray! Bring on the magic milk jug!


Now, THAT's neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your neat comment!