YEP -- I'M A NEAT FREAK!

I am a self-diagnosed neat freak. I love to clean and I love to organize. (If I could have a container, holder and/or label for EVERYTHING, my life would be complete!) And this is my brand new blog for everything NEAT!
I have a toddler in perpetual motion, a packrat daughter, a dog and a disorganized husband... and I hope to share the challenges, trials, errors, rewards and insights of being a bit "too clean obsessive" in a family that's not so in love with neatness. And I am making a promise to clean, rearrange, organize and simplify my life... and help you along the way! SO stay tuned for my journey toward everything orderly and efficient!



Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 27: If the shoe fits....

I have found that many houses either don't have enough drawer and cabinet space to begin with.... or the owners have WAY too much stuff! Either way, this leads to one of two things:

1. An over-stuffed drawer. You know the one. It gets stuck because all the stuff in it keeps standing up on top of the other stuff and blocking you from opening it. So you have to attempt to squish one hand in there to push everything down while yanking on the handle with your free hand. This usually works. It also usually scrapes off your top layer of skin.

2. An over-packed cabinet. This is the cabinet you avoid like the plague because you know that whenever you have to open it, everything jumps out at you in some sort of organized attack. You know the one. You throw stuff in it, hold it shut it... and run!

Well, to keep from getting too much stuff in our cabinets and drawers, I have devised a simple trick. I use shoe organizers.


Yep. I've purchased several, inexpensive shoe organizers (with lots of pockets) and stuffed them with everyday, useful things like tape, glue, staplers, staples, paperclips, post-it notes, pens, rubber bands, batteries, etc., etc.


You can hang these up in a closet, laundry room, pantry, wherever it's handy for you to get to it! It's amazing how much space this frees up. AND, it's wonderful how organized things are!

Now, THAT's neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your neat comment!